About New York City
- New York City, aka “The Big Apple”, attracts an average of 40 million tourists on an annual basis. In fact, in 2012 NYC reached a record high of 52 million. 11 million of which were international visitors.
- 1 in 3 international visitors to the United States come to New York City, a figure no other city comes close to matching.
- New York is called “The Melting Pot” because it is the most diverse U.S. city, with residents from all over the planet and as you can imagine, in “the city that never sleeps” there are endless opportunities for fun, excitement and adventure.
New York City is a sports haven and has several professional teams, including:
- The Knicks (basketball) and The Rangers (hockey) in the world’s most famous sports complex Madison Square Garden.
- The Brooklyn Nets (basketball) and The Islanders (hockey) at the new Barclay’s Center in Brooklyn.
- The New York Giants (American football) and The New York Jets (American football) across the river at MetLife Stadium.
- Baseball teams like The Mets at CitiField and the legendary New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium.
New York City is revered as the food capital of the world with several iconic food joints including, Lombardi’s Pizzeria, Junior’s Cheesecake, Nathan’s and Katz Delicatessen. If ever you’re in need of a little taste of back home, New York is surely the place to find what you’re looking for.
More reasons New York City is the place to be:
- The NYC skyline is iconic and the new World Trade Center is awe inspiring.
- This is the birthplace of Hip Hop, Invented in The Bronx, New York City.
- The home of Broadway musicals
- The NYC Metro runs 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week. Truly the city that never sleeps.
- Celebrities here are everywhere. They do not live in walled off fortresses like in LA. In NYC they walk the streets and New Yorkers ignore them. This gives them the freedom to go shopping at Macy’s or walk in the park. There are a few agencies in the St. James Building (the same building GEOS NY is in) and many celebrities visit for casting and/ or to be interviewed. So you may find a celebrity in the same elevator as you.